Upcoming Support Groups
For many people affected by epilepsy, the opportunity to give and receive support in a group setting helps decrease feelings of isolation and provides new insights and ideas for coping with epilepsy. In general, groups are designed to:
Increase knowledge and understanding about epilepsy
Help participants gain new skills
Strengthen a sense of support and social connectedness
Groups are formed in response to identified needs and may consist of adults, parents, teens and children. If you're outside Calgary, or just can't get to our offices for groups and would like to join our on-line Support Group, please contact us and we'll get you connected!
All support groups and meetings are held at our association located at 316, 4014 Macleod Trail S.E. and all groups, meetings and workshops are drop-in and do not require registration (unless otherwise specified) to attend.Support Groups Currently Active:Face to Face Support and Discussion GroupTargeted to adults primarily, but everyone is welcome. Note - we've added extra dates due to popular demand!2017 Group Dates:
* Please note these dates may be subject to change *
Saturday - September 16, 2017
- 11:00 am to 1:00 pmSaturday - September 30, 2017
- 11:00 am to 1:00 pmSaturday - October 14, 2017
- 11:00 am to 1:00 pmSaturday - October 28, 2017 -
11:00 am to 1:00 pmSaturday - November 25, 2017
- 11:00 am to 1:00 pmThe Parent NetworkFor parents and caregivers of children with epilepsy.2017 Group Dates:
* Please note these dates may be subject to change * Wednesday - September 27, 2017
- 7:00 pm to 9:00 pmWednesday - October 25, 2017
- 7:00 pm to 9:00 pmWednesday - November 22, 2017
- 7:00 pm to 9:00 pmWatch for details about our annual Holiday Celebration in December.
If you don't see a group of interest to you, please let us know!
You can request to have your email added to our monthly group notifications list - Please email our Support Coordinator at the email below!
Check back regularly for information about upcoming groups or contact our Support Coordinator at email@example.com or by telephone at (403) 230-2764 or via our Contact Form.