Project UPLIFT is an 8-week small group for adults living with epilepsy designed to improve negative feelings, low mood, anxiety, and depression and aims at improving ones overall psychological quality of life.
Using Cognitive Behavioural Techniques and mindfulness, participants will learn coping strategies and tangible skills to improve mood and emotional wellbeing. These skills might include coping and relaxing, monitoring your thoughts, and learning how to prevent future low moods.
• Epilepsy and Medical Issues
• Managing Stress and the Blues
• Compensating for Cognitive Challenges
• Education about epilepsy and mood, depression and anxiety, and mindfulness
• Training and practice using specific strategies to cope with negative thoughts
• Personalized goal-setting and support to help you identify when and how to implement the skills learned into your everyday life
• Qualified facilitator teams to include a trained epilepsy mental health professional and a trained peer with epilepsy
• A virtual group program via Zoom
Our most recent Project UPLIFT group finished on November 3, 2022. Check back soon for updates on the new group start date.
There is no cost to participate.
Registration for Project UPLIFT is now open!
Please email email@example.com for more information.